Google processes 40,000 search queries per second. This corresponds to around 3.5 billion search queries per day. With every search query, Google sells the opportunity to place advertising. Advertising that you can book.
While SEO is used to achieve a good ranking on Google without money, you can use Adwords to buy these good rankings.
What do I need to get started with Google Adwords?
The requirements are very low:
- A functioning and relevant website
- A free account with Google AdWords.
- an advertising budget (you are already included with 1.- per day)
Google Adwords basics
The basics are very simple and I’m sure everyone has already seen them.
They appear like normal search results and are only marked with “Display”. As an Adwords operator, you provide the following information:
- A title that is as meaningful and appealing as possible
- A short description
- You enter the search terms that should trigger your ad
- A geographical target group (e.g. only visitors from Herzogenbuchsee and 10 km surrounding area)
- The maximum amount you want to spend on a click
- Daily budget
You can already start with this. The trick is to use only those keywords that “ready-to-buy” customers enter.
What does that mean for me
Google Adwords is not necessarily the solution to all problems, any more than advertising in a magazine is. However, online advertising allows you to monitor costs and success very precisely, as the link between Analytics (Google’s statistics tool) and Adwords shows you what visitors do after visiting your website. Do they leave the page immediately or do they follow the invitation on the homepage?
Unsure? Then get in touch with us so that we can help you with your online marketing.