A beautiful design alone does NOT make a good website. Although as a web agency we also enjoy it, of course.
In order for the quality of a website to be assessed, there must first be a goal:
- Increase sales
- Provide information on products and thereby reduce costs
- Find new customers
- Provide additional services for existing customers in order to increase customer loyalty
- Improve customer service
- Find new employees
For us as a web agency, for example, the goal is very clear: we want potential customers to contact us.
Have you already asked yourself what the goal of your website is? Does it have a goal at all or is it just a \”Me-Too\” Mentality -> Everyone has a homepage so I need one too.
When a visitor comes to a website, they have a certain goal in mind. Very few visitors will come to your website because of the pretty design or just for fun. Visitor destinations could be:
- Contact Painting Company XY to make an appointment
- buy a product
- find a solution for the defective washing machine, perhaps a repair manual or a favorable replacement offer
- look for an apprenticeship
If there is a match between the goal that the website is pursuing and the intentions that a visitor has, then this should actually lead to a satisfied visitor (customer), provided that your website allows the visitor to achieve their goal.
- Is the phone number microscopically small at the bottom of the page?
- Is the structure so confusing that the repair instructions cannot be found?
- Did they forget to present the services clearly and simply?
- Does the homepage load so slowly that the visitor leaves the page prematurely?
A website is therefore good if the following elements help to support the goals of the website:
- Design & Layout
- SEO(What is SEO?)
How can we as a web agency support you?
A redesign is done quickly. A creative web agency will be happy to make a few design suggestions that are sure to look good. It is easy to choose between beautiful design templates. However, it is much more difficult to set goals for a website.
So before you do a redesign next time, answer the question of what you want to achieve with it. We are happy to support you in this process.