Kirby CMS is a great choice for SMEs looking for a simple and user-friendly way to create their website. Unlike WordPress, Kirby is much easier to use and has an intuitive user interface that anyone can use. In addition, Kirby offers a variety of plugins that allow users to customize and extend the functionality of the website.
There are other CMS besides WordPress. Kirby CMS would be one. If the statistics are to be believed, then around 30% (or even 40%, depending on the source) of all websites on the Internet run on WordPress. This entails certain risks:
- WordPress is a lucrative target for automated hacker attacks. Many targets = many chances to find a victim.
- Anyone can take part. The quality of certain plugins leaves a lot to be desired.
- The sheer number of plugins always poses security and speed risks, as well as “breaking” the site.
- Costly maintenance, as plug-ins must be constantly updated to prevent case 1 from occurring.
- Moving to another server always holds certain surprises.
The big advantage of WordPress: The sheer infinity of plugins. There is a plugin for everything and a connection for every service.
As a web design agency, however, we had to realize that our customers do not use this \”power\” at all! The standard case is that few to no structural changes are made to a page, but only content adjustments are made here and there.
So why put up with all the disadvantages when the advantages don’t even come into play?
As a web design agency, we therefore have an alternative: Kirby CMS.
Kirby CMS briefly explained
Kirby CMS is a powerful content management system (CMS) developed for companies, agencies, freelancers and creative professionals. It is an easy-to-use, flexible and powerful system that can be adapted to any type of website. The system’s user interface is intuitive and easy to use, making it accessible to every user.
With Kirby CMS, users can quickly and easily add, edit and manage content without the need for in-depth technical knowledge. It allows users to create, edit and publish content, and also supports the creation of custom fields required for each different content type. In addition, Kirby CMS offers a variety of plugins that allow users to customize and extend the functionality of their website. Thanks to the simple and user-friendly interface, users can quickly learn how to work with Kirby.
Kirby CMS also completely dispenses with a database and runs on simple PHP hosting. Let’s be honest, a database is actually superfluous for small sites anyway. Kirby Websites – An example under the magnifying glass
When WordPress, when Kirby?
Not every problem can be solved with a hammer. Sometimes the screwdriver is the better solution. As a rule of thumb:
Use WordPress when:
- You expect a lot of content (hundreds of pages)
- You want to integrate with other systems without much effort
- You want to develop a community platform where your users can also write something.
- You expect a lot of traffic, so that one server is no longer sufficient.
Kirby CMS is recommended if:
- You have relatively static content
- You don’t want to regularly create new page layouts yourself
- You have a manageable amount of content
Do you have very specific requirements? Perhaps none of these systems are suitable! Then don’t do anything by hook or by crook.
Still not sure whether Kirby CMS or WordPress?
Contact us and we’ll talk about it. The solution will reveal itself relatively quickly in a joint discussion.
What do we use for miracle net?
We use WordPress for Wundernetz. Yes, the site is definitely not gigantic, but I’m always experimenting and changing page layouts. In principle, this would also be possible with Kirby CMS, but not quite as dynamic. As I said: the right tool for every problem.
We have only presented 2 systems here, but there are many more CMS systems. Here we have a list of questions to help you evaluate the right CMS: “Which CMS should we use? – The 14 most important questions“.